Thursday, April 26, 2012

Newlyweds

When we got engaged I started to hear a lot of stories from people
about how fun their first few married years were.

Everyone told me how awesome it was to be so poor.
Going to school, working three jobs, only eating beans and rice.

Sounded awesome...
But I was only eating spaghetti so I wasn't too scared.
That's another story though.

Breck and I have not been only eating beans and rice.
The boy does not like eating the same thing everyday.
It's a step up for me.

But we have had some sweet newlywed adventures, that I already look back on and think..
"That was so awesome. We were so cool."

Number one being: our bed.

We decided it would be best for us to wait to buy a bed until we moved to Rexburg.
So Breck bought us this fancy air mattress to sleep on until we did that.
And by fancy I mean it's dual chamber so we can each have however much air we want.
It even had this super sweet hump down the middle separating the two.


We also slept with the T-shirt quilt Breck gave me for Christmas.
Then we used some gift cards to buy a real comforter.


Pretty right? 
The air mattress lasted a month or so. It really wasn't so bad. 
So we bought a nice mattress (thanks Downs family!). But didn't buy a bed frame. 
That lasted three months. Just had our mattress right on the floor. 


Oh man.. we're growing up. Bed off the floor!
And then best of all we bought some nightstands off craigslist. 
Now it's official. We're adults!


So far we are enjoying the little adventures of being newly married. 
Hopefully there's no beans and rice in our future....

No comments: