Tuesday, December 13, 2011

American Novels

Whew! We read 18 novels for this class, about one a week.
100 pages between each class period.
50 pages a day.

Which may not seem like a lot to some of you..
But like sewing, I'm also a slow reader. Yeah buddy.

Me and American novels got off on the wrong foot. Mainly due to 
Edgar Huntly or the Memoirs of a Sleep Walker
Just don't read it, ever. I'm serious. Most ridiculous book I've ever opened. 
And super confusing.

But then we took another step and read things like To Kill a Mockingbird and 
Jennie Gerhardt and Pudd'nhead Wilson and A Farewell to Arms.
And then we were back on the right foot. 

I read a ton of really good books that I don't think I would have normally read.
 I've read Twain, Hemmingway, Faulkner, Lee, and many more.
It's been a really wonderful class and I feel very literate now.
Which is kind of sweet

1 comment:

clark said...

we see you for day