Monday, December 12, 2011

Spanish

Well well well..
Here we are again, Finals week.
Last year I wrote a post about each class as I finished it, and it was really nice to think about the positive of the class. Cause lots of times by the end I hate everything about school.
So.. I'll continue the tradition.
(And it gives it more formality when I throw everything from the class out!)

I took the first two of five this morning. Starting with Spanish.
Now I love me some Spanish. Like a lot. But I sure struggled with this class. 
Not with the concepts, seeing as it was a review course of sorts.
And I actually loved my teacher, he was wonderful at explaining things.
I struggled with getting up every morning for this class and sometimes with paying attention.
But. I still loved it. I just love Spanish.

Two favorite parts: 
1. Grammar ended before Thanksgiving break and after we read an entire play. La Dama del Alba.
Kind of a twitchy play. But it was a really cool experience and I learned a lot. My reading comprehension improved a lot this semester, so that's always a plus. Now if only my speaking ability could catch up.. I still got that conjugation-mess-up-when-I'm-nervous thing going on. Always yo when I'm nervous...

2. Winning the prize at the Spanish Christmas party for our rendition of "Zumba, Zumbale". Each class chose a Spanish Christmas carol, or villancico, to perform at the party. Then three were chosen for the big prize, a box of European chocolates. We may or may not have won because when we were practicing I threw out some sick dance moves and then everyone did them during the performance. We definitely didn't know our words all the way.. and definitely didn't sound good. So I'm gonna go with may. You're welcome class. Just kidding. It was a blast though.

So that's that with Spanish. I really enjoyed my class. I'm not sure how my Spanish future will play out with the transfer and all that jazz. But I've got a good base and that's wonderful. 

No comments: