Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Comparison


I promised a comparison between Breck's classes and my classes. 
So here goes...

Breck's studying Exercise Physiology. 
I'm studying Communications.

He's learning all of the bones, muscles, parts of the bodies. 
I'm learning how to listen better.

We had our first test on the same day. 
His on all the bones in the skull 
(including all the nooks and crannies with their names) 50 questions. 
Mine was in class, open book, in a group, 10 questions.

He spends 2 hours everyday studying for nutrition. 
I write in my journal everyday for interpersonal theory.

He tells me all about the digestive system and all the intricacies of how our body works. 
I tell him about talking positively to yourself. 

He goes to the lab to look at real bones from dead people.
I go to the lab to design a flyer .

He teaches a group all about his section of the bones.
I give a speech on Star Wars. 

Now I'm not saying my classes are not valid. I'm learning a lot and really enjoying them. 
But come on.. 
Last week Breck had two tests. And I had to pretend to be deaf for a paper. 
We're definitely having different experiences in school.
And I believe I got the better deal. 





3 comments:

Cansirboi said...

Gotta love comms

Susan said...

Yes, but you are learning the great skill of just listening to him and being supportive. It's very valuable! :)

Anonymous said...

I used what I learned in my listening class all the time in my work. I think Communications is a great course of study! :)