Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Baptism

On Saturday we had the opportunity to go to the baptism of our landlord.

He came over to bring Breck some tools about two weeks ago.
Randomly he just says, "Oh yeah, I'm being baptized in two weeks. If you guys want to come."

I shot Breck a look of pure shock. I was very confused.
We had no idea that he wasn't even a member! 
He's the one who told us where are ward met and how great it was.
He is there every week with his family and seemed to be actively involved in the ward.

After I got over the shock, I was so extremely excited for him.
And for his family. 

His baptism was so great. The look on his children's faces as he came up from the water was priceless. 
He had a grin from ear to ear. And I don't think anything could have made any of the family members happier. 
I cried. Which really isn't anything new. But still. 
It was amazing.

It got me thinking about how wonderful the gospel is. And how great my Heavenly Father is.
He wants us to be with Him, and He'll wait as long as it takes for us to figure it out. 
Our opportunities to get back to Him doesn't go away. He is constantly giving us more opportunities
and blessing us way beyond we deserve. I know that I am incredibly blessed. 
I am so thankful for my heavenly Father and for all that He blesses me with.

I don't know if this is bad. But I always feel a twinge of jealousy when I see someone get baptized.
How I wish I could be completely clean again in an instant. 
But we're lucky enough to have the atonement that can get us there.
Heavenly Father's plan is so amazing. 

No comments: