Wednesday, March 14, 2012

One-Upping (Primary Edition)

We teach the six year old Primary class in our ward.
There are three sweet girls, and two competitive boys. 
Seriously, they compete over everything. 

It's so funny to over hear their conversations about how cool they are compared to the other. 

Some of my favorite conversations have been:

Gabe: "I taught my little brother to do a flip"
Scotty:  "I can do a handstand."
Gabe: "I can do a handstand for 20 seconds."
Scotty: "I can do one for 40 seconds."
Gabe: "Cool."


Scotty: "I had a paper cut."
Gabe: "I had two."

Okay, maybe they're not as funny written out like this. That happens to me a lot.
But it's hilarious in class. 

This past fast Sunday we witnessed the ultimate one-upping from these two.

Gabe got up with his Mom to bear his testimony in Sacrament meeting. 
He was so sweet and was eager to have his Mom help him.

About three or four people later Scotty got up to bear his testimony.
BY HIMSELF. 
He was also very sweet and had a look of smug satisfaction as he sat back down. 

They compete in everything. But aren't mean to each other. At least we've got that going for us.  

Now we try to have them sit on opposite sides of the room. 
Just to lessen the competition a little bit.
I love Primary. 


4 comments:

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

Let the one-upping begin and never end haha this reminds me of Sis. Payne in seminary...<3

Clark perrins said...

hi Lilly do you be for me my bigger to for you Lilly
Pyle Clark own big your post me form me

Terry said...

That is so funny. It reminds me of AJ and Quinn, it was constant with those guys as little boys.

I scored a goal.

I scored two.

I scored three.

I scored infinity.

I scored infinity and one.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Yes, yes, Danielle! It reminds me of me in seminary as well!

Terry, I had forgotten all about the "infinity and one" trump card. How very funny.

Lilly, I would love to be taught by you in a class.