Monday, March 5, 2012

Example


My Mom LOVES my Dad.
My Dad LOVES my Mom.
And today is their anniversary.
Happy 24 years and a million more even better ones!


I remember when I realized my parents really, truly loved each other. 
I was a sophomore in high school. I was sitting at the table talking to my Mom.
She was in the kitchen finishing up dinner and doing the dishes.
My Dad came home from work and was obviously tired. He put his backpack away
and then went straight to the kitchen to hug and kiss my Mom. 
And then he asked what he could do to help, she said he could help by relaxing before dinner.

This probably happened everyday. But for some reason this time it hit me. 
They love each other.
I know my Mom would have much rather been reading instead of making dinner, but she knew my Dad would be tired and hungry when he got home. 
I know my Dad would have much rather sat right down and turned on a basketball game, but he knew my Mom would want to talk to him for a little.

I'm so lucky that I know my parents love each other and wouldn't be anywhere else.
I'm so lucky that my parents support each other.
I'm so lucky that they have the most beautiful friendship.


I stole a picture of my parents on their wedding day this summer 
and it's been on my bulletin board ever since. 
It makes me laugh because my Dad has hair
 and I remember how he hated my Mom's hair that day.
But mostly it reminds me of the type of marriage I want. 

I wish everyone in the world could have a marriage like my parents. 
The world would be such a better place.

I love you Mom and Dad. Thanks for being the best example to me. 
I hope you have a wonderful day today, you deserve it!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lilly! Thanks so much for this great blog post! And I know you and Breck will have this kind of marriage because you both want to work at it!! I love you both!

Mom

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a great post Lilly! Happy Anniversary to your mom and dad.